Halo Reach is going to make its debut soon on PC, albeit only for select lucky players, 343 Industries recently confirmed.
In the latest Halo Community update, it’s been confirmed that the Halo Reach PC closed beta will be released sometime next week. Only a small number of registered Halo Insiders will be able to get access to it.
If everything goes according to plan, our first flight for Halo: Reach on MCC PC will be next week to a small subsection of registered Halo Insiders. We’re starting more modestly because we’ve got quite a few levers to pull and we want to ensure our delivery pipeline runs smoothly, our communications are clear, and that participants can properly provide their feedback on the build. Since there are so many pieces and levers that need testing, verification, and appropriate approvals, we need to take our time to ensure we’re sending out a quality flight to our Halo Insiders. The team has a build which appears to be a strong candidate, but it’s still in the middle of going through the test process as I type (and as you read). That said, we’re still targeting to release next week and will be sharing the details with the public, so even if you aren’t selected for the flight, you’ll know what’s happening. Stay tuned for more details throughout!
On a related note, 343 Industries also summarized all the available info on Halo Infinite, which will release next year on Xbox consoles and PC.
- Release date: Holiday 2020 release for the entire Xbox family of devices, including Project Scarlett and Windows PCs
- When does it take place in the universe: It follows the Master Chief’s story some time after Halo 5: Guardians’ conclusion
- LAN: Halo Infinite will support LAN
- Splitscreen: Splitscreen is up and running internally
- Back in Black: Black undersuits will be in the game
- Flighting Programs: These opt-in flights will start small and slowly expand out until release
- PC: Flighting may come a little bit later for PC players, but we’re treating it as a first-class citizen
- Player Customization: If you liked the level armor customization options in Halo: Reach, you will be pleased
- SR 152: Players who hit SR 152 in Halo 5: Guardians will receive a token of appreciation in Halo Infinite
- Pro Team: There is an internal Pro Team for Halo Infinite
Halo Reach will be included in the Halo Master Chief Collection, which releases on a yet to be confirmed date on PC.